You have a business page on Facebook and you have fans/likers and you engage with them and that’s great. but if your first impression is your Wall, your probably losing an opportunity for someone to learn more about your company/brand/band/non-profit.
Enter the Landing Page. Call it the Welcome Tab, call it the Fan Gate – call it what you will. If done well, whether the person “Likes” your Page or not, you’ve made a good first impression on them.
Here are 5 things every Facebook Welcome Tab should have:
1. Nice graphics. This is a no brainer. Have someone create a graphic that incorporates your logo, some product shots, your slogan, some nice imagery etc. Publish that up into your Facebook page and you’re halfway home to good first impression.
2. Compelling call to action. Now for most businesses this may be to get people to Like their Page and then they can continue to “market” to fans through wall posts. But as research has borne out, most fans unlike after they have liked the page and gotten the discount code for the product after the like. What if the call to action actually drove the person back to your regular website or campaign landing page? Although Facebook is trying to own the internet you really don’t have to let them own your interactions with the customers.
3. External links. Send people back to your website so they can learn more about your products and services. Relying on the time sensitivity of the Wall and people’s willingness to read your posts over the posts of their friends is a recipe for disaster. If the person doesn’t “Like” your page, by sending them to your regular website you have not lost that traffic.
4. Add video. If a picture tells a thousand words then a video tells a million. If you have video on your Youtube or Vimeo sites, it’s super easy to embed it using Pholiofy as your platform. And people will click on the video and your message will be seen.
5. Have a payoff after the Like. Everyone should have a Fan Gate – people see one thing if they do not “Like” you and then another thing once they do like you. Make it worth their while to click on the Like button in the first place. Offer an exclusive deal, coupon, song, video – something that makes an excellent second impression.
Pholiofy can help you do all this and more.Built on WordPress it is the “Best Facebook Page First Impression Maker” around.